Urban amenities comprise the infrastructure, goods and services that are collectively needed for the urban society. These are central to urban society without which urban society cannot emerge and sustain. There is uneven distribution of the different urban amenities particularly in the developing countries. Srinagar city also shows significant unevenness in the provision of urban amenities. The analysis of the data reveals that there is complete disparity in the distribution of health care institutions and ration depots in different wards (Municipal units) of the city. Twenty six wards of the city out of sixty eight (38 percent) have absence of any Health Institution, while as seven wards (10 percent) have deficiency in the establishment of Health Institutions, six wards (9 Percent) have self sufficiency and the rest twenty nine wards (43 percent) posses above normal concentration. Similarly, in case of ration stores, thirty six wards out of sixty eight (53 percent) have above normal concentration, while as the rest thirty two wards (47 percent) have deficiency in the arrangement of provision of ration stores. Even six wards in the city have absence of the ration stores. Ward wise wazirbagh leads the hierarchy as having highest concentration of both Ration stores and Health Institutions. The amenities generally decrease from the core of the city to its peripheries. Therefore it becomes imperative to find a sustainable solution for the provision of adequate and balanced urban amenities and their optimum utilization.